Monday, 22 September 2014

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Hey stranger!



I will tell you that this keeping up with the blog thing is hard work.



Mostly when everything hits you at once. This class I am taking makes me want to pull mine and the professors hair out. I also got hit with a last minute work suspense and then created some of my own waves in the work place.



I have found myself in one of those "sounding like my first supervisors" moments. I am not anyone's supervisor at this moment but I have a general idea of what it is suppose to look like and how it is suppose to work. From the top and the bottom. I threw the flag in on someone else court. Some would say I over stepped my boundaries but so far most people I sought advice from, agreed with my decision. I think it has created a ripple effect. Our senior leaders finally have light of what is really going on in our unit and are starting to get a handle on it and are addressing it.  I created some tension and I probably burned some bridges but what can I do now?



Ace surprised me this weekend. He was supposed to only be in town for 12 hours between trips and wasn't planning on driving up to my place. Instead, he came home a bit early (14 hours, watch out!) and came up for the night. Goose and I were both pleasantly surprised. Goose more than me I think. He is quite taken with Ace.



Goose had an accident today at school. While playing with his 2 best friends, they had a three stooges moment, with Goose taking the brunt of it. Goose now has a goose egg on his forehead. Typically when these things happen I take them well. The gentleman from the daycare that called to informed me unsettled me a bit. I came in like a tornado... and here is Goose running around playing like nothing ever happened. This kid.



I also tried something new. I have been playing with the idea of making my own soap for a while and took the plunge today. I found the recipe at Kathi Lipp Your Life on Purpose. I was so excited after I mixed all my ingredients, I stripped my uniform and washed right away. Now, I just have to wear these clothes for a few weeks and see how they hold up (and my skin) with the new soap.

I found all the ingredients at my local Wal-Mart. Right in the same section. Seriously, I didn't even walk a foot to find all of these items.



(1) 4 lb 12 oz box of Borax
(1) 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
(1) 3 lb 7 oz box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
(3) bars of Fels-Naptha soap (or Zote)
3 lb container of Oxy Clean
1 container Purex Crystals



I underestimated the size of the container I needed to store this. I would say get a good 2 gallon bucket and one smaller one for what you need for say, the month. I used a cheese grater and really, it took me about 5 minutes tops to shave the soap. Others have talked about using a microwave to melt it and turn it into a power, others have used their food processer. I on the other hand just dedicated an old grater to the job and some elbow grease. Worked perfect.



You are supposed to use only about 2 tablespoons per load. I have an HE top loading machine. I removed the liquid dispenser to be able to use it for powder dispensing. I will monitor the machine for wear and tear. The 12ish lbs of soap this made I suspect will last me all year. With the amount that I spend on Tide/All Free products, I hope this works for the best.



Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment